Head of scientific department- Kamilova Altinoy Tursunovna, doctor of medical science, Professor
The scientific department of gastroenterology with clinical department founded in 1979. Department has 25 beds (with a turnover of up to 1040 patients per year) for children with chronic pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. Children come from all regions of Uzbekistan and the neighboring republics (Kazakhstan and Tajikistan). In various years, research department headed by MD Bodnya I.A., MD Klimenskaya L.V., PhD Abizgildina F.H, PhD Usmanov D.U., associate professor Akhmadov M.N.
Since 2001 head of the department is Prof. Kamilovа A.T. Kamilova Altinoy Tursunovna is the author of 325 scientific papers, including 139 articles, 6 monographs, 18 methodical recommendations, 2 clinical guidelines, 6 manuals for physicians, 4 patents and 5 software products. Prepared 1 doctor and 6 candidates of medical sciences.
Scientific consultant of 3 doctoral theses. Chairman of the public association of pediatric gastroenterologists and nutritionists of our Republic. A member of the editorial board of the “Journal of infant nutrition” (Moscow, Russia).
Since the creation of the department huge number of scientists worked in. Later they became heads of departments, hospitals, health care managers and others. The department trained 6 doctors and 20 candidates of medical sciences. Currently, in the gastroenterological department continues to research and therapeutic activity of 8 researchers and 2 attending physician.
Scientific directions of the department.
Scientific programs of the department focused on studying and solving the problems of pediatric gastroenterology, nutrition. In different years the employees of the department studied the prevalence, differential diagnosis and treatment of small bowel enzymopathies of children (A.T Kamilov), extra intestinal manifestations of intestinal enzymopathies: metabolic osteopathy, liver damage; New methods of correction of impaired membrane digestion and absorption in patients with celiac disease were developed by researchers (Abdujabbarov Z.M., Uvarov I.O., Kim O.V.)In 2003-2005, the department performed research on the prevalence, diagnostic and treatment improvement of Helicobacter pylori-associated gastroduodenal pathology, its gastrointestinal endoscopic manifestations and prognosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease in children and adolescents (Pazylova S.A. Kayumov H.T., Abdullayev D.A. Babadjanova M.Sh.)In 2006 – 2008 years, employees (Akhmedova I.M., Umarnazarova Z.E., Abdujabbarov Z.M., Aliyev N.R.) of the department began to study:
- The hormonal and metabolic disorders in children with small intestine enzymopathies
- Clinical pathomorphosis and pathogenetic treatment of anaemia in children with small intestine enzymopathy
- Immunologic-genetic and morphological phenotypes association of celiac disease among uzbek children
- Clinical and prognostic significance of protein bsl-2 and p-53 of celiac disease in children
In 2009 – 2011 years, department staff involved in the development methods of diagnosis and treatment of disorders of cell energy in the enteric disease in children (Do’stmukhamedova D.H.) Research carried out with the Institute of Chemistry of Plant Substances (ICPS) and the National University (interministerial grant).
Obtained data presented at national and international congresses, also results repeatedly presented at the Republican fair of innovative ideas.
Applied research had continued in innovative works. In 2006, work carried out under the grant: “The introduction of National model of medical and social rehabilitation of children with disabilities by the example of children with diseases of the digestive system”, in 2013-2014 another grant: “The introduction of diagnostic and treatment methods of persistent diarrhoea in children.”
Currently, the Department of Gastroenterology implements two application projects:
- “Gastrointestinal form of food allergy in children: a pathogenetic role of regulatory T-cell subpopulations, improvement of diagnosis and treatment”
- Applied grant for young scientists on the topic: “Clinical and pathogenetic significance of vitamin D deficiency in intestinal diseases of children”
In 2008, by initiation of employees organized a public association of pediatric gastroenterologists and nutritionists with three branches in Jizzak, Samarkand, Bukhara regions. In 2013, the Public Association became part World Gastroenterology Organisation. The chairman of Public Association is prof. Kamilova A.T. In 2014, the activities of the public association noted by gratitude for the active participation in the programs of social and economic development of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Department of Gastroenterology developed standards of diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases in children at different levels of healthcare, also developed protocols for diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive system in children, approved by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Research Fellows of the department:
- Leading Researcher – Umarnazarova Zulhumor Ernazarovna, MD, chief pediatric gastroenterologist of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Leading Researcher – Akhmedova, I.M., MD Chief Specialist on School Health of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Senior Researcher – Abdullayeva Dilrabo Abdiazizovna, PhD,
- Junior researcher – Dostmukhamedova D.H.
Employees of the department provide methodological assistance on pediatric gastroenterology in the regions of the Republic and the Republic of Karakalpakstan, held annually workshops on actual issues of gastroenterology in different regions of Uzbekistan.
Results of the research are reflected in many publications in local and international scientific journals, including 6 monographs, 32 guidelines and manuals for physicians, 43 newsletters. Received 4 patents and 10 software products of Uzbekistan. Since 2003. Research work carried out on the basis of government grants and agreements, including applied and innovative projects. The department is working towards the development of international cooperation in scientific research, strengthening of partnerships with the CIS and other countries (Russia, Sweden, Italy, Turkey, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, etc.).
Head of the gastroenterology department – Dustmukhamedova Dinora Hamidovna, highest category physician.
The department provides highly qualified specialized care for children with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Department conducts diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- pathology of the upper gastrointestinal tract (stomach and duodenal ulcers, erosive gastroduodenitis, chronic pancreatitis, sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, chronic cholecystitis, cholangitis, cholelithiasis, recurrent vomiting);
- Metabolic disorders, accompanied by malnutrition in various forms of malabsorption syndrome (cystic fibrosis, congenital lipase deficiency);
- Diseases of the small and large intestine: celiac disease, intestinal lymphangiectasia, allergic enteropathy, enterocolitis induced by food proteins, allergic enteritis, eosinophilic esophagitis, chronic enterocolitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, chronic constipation.
Diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the digestive system is carried out in accordance with approved standards and the Order №225 of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures on further improvement of medical care for children” on 10 June 2013.