Department of neonatology was founded in 1974 by prof. M.M. Azimjanova. Department has 25 beds, was the unique in the country where low birth weight infants from across the country received. The main objective of this department is nursing preterm infants, treatment and rehabilitation of children with pathology of the neonatal period, aimed to prevent disabilities from childhood.
For the end of 2013, neonatal care provided at the Centre has expanded. Currently, care for the newborn has the following divisions:
– Department of nursing of preterm infants, designed for 24 beds. Head of department – Mirzaxmedova Dil’fuza Marufovna, PhD, physician of the highest category
– Department of Neonatal pathology, designed for 26 beds. Head of department – Turakulova Tojihon Mahmudovna, physician of the highest category
– Department of neonatal intensive care (6 beds). Head of department – Saidmuradova Gulnoza Zhalalovna.
The department is equipped with modern medical and diagnostic equipment for nursing of and treatment of premature infants with different pathologies:
US, mobile X-Ray, intensive care infant incubators, monitors, phototherapy lamps, artificial lung ventilation machines, noninvasive mechanical ventilation (CPAP), the infusion appliances.
This division allows the concentrate high-risk newborns in specialized departments for intensive care and rehabilitation.
Diagnostic and therapeutic technologies used for the treatment of newborns:
– nursing in intensive care infant incubators, which equipped with modern systems of monitoring of temperature, humidity;
– Artificial pulmonary ventilation, taking into account modern methods;
– Non-invasive pulmonary ventilation;
– Parenteral nutrition;
– Monitoring of the eye fundus
– Dynamic monitoring of preterm infants with the risk of developing retinopathy
– Echocardiography with US Doppler to detect congenital heart defects;
– Neuro sonography;
– Ultrasound examination of internal organs;
– Neuro audio screening.
The department complied with the principles of rooming of mother and child, maintaining close contacts of the child with the family, breastfeeding, the principle of “child-friendly” care, humanization of care to newborns – the principles of protective regime of developmental care, prevention of pain and reduction of invasive procedures.
The department conducts scientific research on the implementation of scientific and application grant ADSS 15.1.5 “Development of clinical diagnostic criteria, methods of pathogenetic therapy and prognosis of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in infants”
Employees of the grant:
Head of grant – PhD, Salikhova Kamola Shavkatovna;
Senior Researcher, PhD – Ishniyazova Durdibaevna Nodira;
Senior Researcher, PhD – Umarova Lola Nabievna;
Junior researcher – Abdurakhmanov Fatima Rihsibaevna;
Junior researcher – Nazlimova Amina.